Donald Whytock on 30 Dec 2001 06:57:36 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: today's random thoughts on voting and stuff.

On 12/29/01 at 7:18 PM Joel Uckelman wrote:

>Thus spake "Donald Whytock":
>[snip]
>>
>> Awful tempting to make this a proposal, but I haven't a clue what sort
>of=
>>  server-side coding nomic.net is permitting you...
>>
>> 						Glotmorf
>
>Ask for whatever you need. BTW, I once coded a vote counter for A Nomic; it might be worth looking at, though I seem to remember that I still had to enter the votes by hand (it just counted them).

Very generous, but I still don't think I'll make it a proposal.  It's one thing to require some characters be added to a text file; it's another to mandate the development of an interactive database-driven web app.

Since you brought it up, though, if one were to start another Nomic game, would nomic.net be willing to host it?  And what sort of server-side coding options would there be?  Perl and mySQL?  ASP and Access?

						Glotmorf