Jeff Schroeder on 7 Mar 2001 04:06:36 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: RFJ

At 12:00 PM 3/6/01, you wrote:
> If that what I said is not refuted, I would prefer a ruleset which allows
> tolerances. Maybe the creation of one or more Judges which decide whether
> and how a transition of the ruleset in a particular case has to
> be penalized.

But the rules already have a "fallback" for many rules. For example, if you are a judge and don't deliver a judgement, you're breaking a rule, but that is automatically governed by a different rule which tells the OSJ to simple select a different judge.

I always thought that there should be an inherent flexibility in the rules. I have seen so many problems arise through technicalities and strict logic to the letter of the law. Some people would not call these problems, but I think it is too difficult to comprehend and anticipate the complete ramifications of each action performed! To be fair, there have also been solutions to most problems through logic. There are different kinds of viewing a logical problem and that is where the difficulties and fun lies!

And I also thought that there was a pause going on in the game and it had to be spiced up!

jeff

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary