Dan on 24 Feb 2001 03:47:09 -0000

spoon-discuss: scoring

I see a couple of problems with the present scoring system.  I like the
way we reward people for passed proposals, but I think that penalizing
players for failed proposals discourages innovation.  Sometimes an idea
might have to be presented in several different forms before it catches
on, and the person who thinks of it first gets dinged for points.

Also, this makes the income of the bank highly unpredictable.  It is very
hard for me to try to keep some semblance of balance.

I would rather see a system where there is a light fee at the submission
stage of every proposal proposal, so everyone pays a fairly light toll
rather than the unlucky player getting slapped with a big fine.

I'm still trying to pay off my debt from the time I got slapped for 60
points in one go, because the fine was set high and several of my
proposals failed.

Does anyone agree with me?

Poulenc