Joel Ricker on 17 Feb 2001 05:02:44 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Revision to P396

From: "Rob Speer" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Change the wording of what? The whole point I was making is that my
proposal
> does not have a "Newbie Player". You're an Agent before you make the
Motion to
> Add, you're still an Agent afterward, and when the Motion passes you're a
> Player.

My original thought was that becoming an agent was part of joining the
list -- not being a player but still being an agent.  Closer examination of
the rules I see that becoming an agent is inclusive to becoming a player --
they happen simultaneously.  Unless of course there is something else I
missed.  On the order hand, using a term like Newbie Player or even Lurker,
or pre-player or whatever, may bestow certain rights and actions to someone
who hasn't gotten involved in the game yet to do a few things to help
indoctrinate themselves.  Just my opinion.

Of course people lurking around can always just babble on about the rules
before being motioned in like I'm doing now.

404notfound
my $.02