Rob Speer on 17 Feb 2001 03:14:52 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Revision to P396

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 06:17:59PM -0500, Joel Ricker wrote:
> Rob Speer:
> > The player wouldn't be on the roster. In my rule the player makes an
> ordinary
> > Motion to Add, and only becomes a player after consent is given. I just
> don't
> > think it's necessary to make a "Newbie Player" class between Agent and
> Player.
>
> Change the wording to Lurker and I think it would sound better.  New
> potential players would be said to be lurking until they have sent a Motion
> to Add.  It makes it easier than trying to differentiate syntatically
> between a player in real life and a player in regard to the rules.

Change the wording of what? The whole point I was making is that my proposal
does not have a "Newbie Player". You're an Agent before you make the Motion to
Add, you're still an Agent afterward, and when the Motion passes you're a
Player.

--
Rob Speer