Jeff N Schroeder on 13 Feb 2001 14:23:16 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A proposal by the newbie

[snip]
>> Ooops. My real name actually has a german o-umlaut character as the
>sec= ond
>> one, but it doesn't seem to get through the list correctly... and think=
>ing
>> about it, you might also not be able to type that character :-), so ple=
>ase
>> use the transcribed version (i.e. Joerg) instead.
>
>I was meaning to ask you about that, actually. I don't see why I shouldn'=
>t =
>
>be able to type an =F6. See, right there, I just did! :) If that comes =
>
>through ok, then I see no reason why you can't have your name spelled =
>
>correctly.

I might be mistaken, but I see an =F6 up there... :)  When I read the
letter it said M-v and in the original proposal by Joerg, it just said
'Jorg'.  I guess my point is that every computer has a keyboard map that
may or may not correspond to everyone else's for extended characters.

jeff