Adam Tomjack on 3 Oct 2000 03:05:20 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: RFJ 1

(Mon, 02 Oct 2000) Thus Spake Joel Uckelman:
> I assign number 1 to the RFJ I made yesterday, and select myself as Judge:
>
> Those that have declared emselves Players are not Players.
> . . .
> . . .  so I want to be sure I am ruling
> correctly. If anyone would like to make further argument why my
> interpretation is incorrect, I would be glad to consider it before making
> the judgment (tomorrow evening, probably).

I think perhaps we should ask the question, are there any players at all?  I
could submit a Request for Judgement on the following statement:  The Player
called Joel Uckelman is incapable of passing the Turning Test, and thus is
not a player.  Since Joel's status as a player is called into question, could
he be a judge?  And who would administer the Turing Test?  Perhaps we need an
Officer in Charge of Administering Turing Tests.
Of course I won't submit such an RFJ lest, for that act of sabotage, I be
crucified. ;)
God

--
Adam Tomjack