Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 11 May 2015 03:51:52 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Prop: Prohibit Time Travel Shenanigans

On May 11, 2015, at 12:31 AM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I make Tweak 4 Failed.

I recognize Tweak 4 as being Failed.

> Obviously time travel needs to be regulated and constrained to keep it from
> breaking the game, but I've never been in a nomic that allowed any of it at
> all and I'm super curious how that would work out.

Oh, I’m curious too. I kind of want a real judiciary first rather than needing to figure out an entire system of temporal mechanics myself, though. I did in fact propose repealing our Temporal Prime Directive in a prior era <http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200708/msg00011.html>, though it failed 4 to 5.

I submit the following Proposal:
__Prohibit Time Travel Shenanigans__
{{
Create the following new Rule in Section 1:
__Temporal Prime Directive__
{{
Any attempt to make a retroactive change to the game is ineffective. This Rule prevails in the case of any conflict between it and any other aspect of the game.
}}
}}
And, just to make life easier on myself, I assign it Number 1-0. (There is so much trouble I can make with my editorial powers to arbitrarily reassign Numbers on anything. This should probably be dealt with at some point.)

I also assign my prior "Adding Some Color” prop Number 1-9, just while I’m here.

--
Peter C.