Warrigal on Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:26:41 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Assignments of Consultations 179-187

Standing players: JamesB, 0x44, Murphy, teucer, Billy Pilgrim. Sitting
players: BobTHJ, Tyler, w1n5t0n.

Consultation 179:

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Question:  Is an e-mail address described to a person by specifying
> domain and MD5 checksum, but not account name (e.g. describing
> cabal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as "the address at jaycampbell.com with MD5
> checksum 4dcd83b0338eaee8e8f8196f34095d18"), reasonably accessible
> to that person (as required of Emergency Fora by Rule 5E0)?

When I chose a priest using the dice server, the eligible priests were
JamesB (1), 0x44 (2), teucer (3), ehird (4), and Billy Pilgrim (5). I
assign Consultation 179 to teucer.

Standing players: JamesB, 0x44, Murphy, Billy Pilgrim. Sitting
players: BobTHJ, teucer, Tyler, w1n5t0n.

Consultation 180:

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 5:19 PM, James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> From: ais523@xxxxxxxxxx
>> To: spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:59:05 +0000
>> Subject: [s-b] Nkep
>>
>> I intend, without objection, to
>> nkeplwgplxgioyzjvtxjnncsqscvntlbdqromyeyvlhkjgteaqnneqgujjpwcbyfrpueoydjjk.
>> --
>> ais523
>
> I object.
>
> I submit the following consultation with ais523 as Unbeliever:
>
> Is the above quoted message spam?
>
> Reasoning: In the message ais523 intends to take a Game Action without objection but the Game Action is incomprehensible so the message has no point and must therefore be spam.

The eligible priests are JamesB, 0x44, Murphy, and Billy Pilgrim. My
four-sided die says 2, so I assign Consultation 180 to 0x44.

Standing players: JamesB, Murphy, Billy Pilgrim. Sitting players:
BobTHJ, teucer, Tyler, w1n5t0n, 0x44.

Consultation 181:

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Elliott Hird
<penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Consultation: Did j violate the rules by failing to destroy his m10 fine
> punishment in a Jiffy?
>
> Arguments: yes, he did, and knowingly (source: ##nomic on irc)

The eligible priests are JamesB, Murphy, and Billy Pilgrim. My
three-sided die says 1, so I assign Consultation 181 to JamesB.

Standing players: Murphy, Billy Pilgrim. Sitting players: BobTHJ,
teucer, Tyler, w1n5t0n, 0x44, JamesB.

Consultations 182 and 183, respectively:

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 3:25 AM, James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I submit the following consultation with comex as unbeliever:
>
> {
> Did comex break the rules by submitting the contract "Suffocation"?
>
> Reasoning: Rule 5E57 states that "No Player shall be made a Party to a Contract without their explicit consent, and no Contract may impose any obligation upon a non-Party" and by preventing the act of breathing which will have occurred natuarally for all players within one millisecond of the contract being made, comex assumed all Players wished to become Parties to his contract without their explicit consent.
> }
>
> I also submit the following consultation with comex as Unbeliever:
>
> {
> Are there Active Players, other than comex, in the Game of B Nomic?
>
> Reasoning: Contracts are defined by the Rules and as such can only affect things within the Rules. Breathing is not defined by the Rules and as no Players have said that they breathe as a Game Action, no players have become a party to the contract "Suffocation" and so have not Forfeited the Game.
> }

The eligible priests for 182 are Murphy and Billy Pilgrim. My
two-sided die says 1, so I assign Consultation 182 to Murphy. The
eligible priest for 183 is Billy Pilgrim, so I assign Consultation 183
to him.

All players are sitting, so I rotate the bench. Standing players:
BobTHJ, teucer, Tyler, w1n5t0n, 0x44, JamesB, Murphy, Billy Pilgrim.

Consultation 184:

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ehird wants to know what happened to eir mackerel. I think they're
> gone, but the rules don't make this happen explicitly, so why not use
> the judgment system to find out? I submit the following Consultation:
>
> {Are there any Mackerel formerly owned by ehird?}

The eligible priests are BobTHJ, Tyler, w1n5t0n, 0x44, JamesB, Murphy,
and Billy Pilgrim. My seven-sided die says 3, so I assign Consultation
184 to w1n5t0n.

Standing players: BobTHJ, teucer, Tyler, 0x44, JamesB, Murphy, Billy
Pilgrim. Sitting players: w1n5t0n.

Consultation 185:

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Noting that ownable game objects can in theory be owned by Nobody,
> they don't need to get destroyed despite the lack of a provision for
> said destruction. On the other hand, only legal entities may own
> currency, though, so they can't be Nobody's - at least, I don't think
> so.
>
> I submit the following follow-up consultation:
>
> {Are the Mackerel formerly owned by ehird now owned by Nobody?}

The eligible priests are BobTHJ, Tyler, 0x44, JamesB, Murphy, and
Billy Pilgrim. My six-sided die says 2, so I assign Consultation 185
to Tyler.

Standing players: BobTHJ, teucer, 0x44, JamesB, Murphy, Billy Pilgrim.
Sitting players: w1n5t0n, Tyler.

I submit the following Consultation: "Did Warrigal violate any of his
obligations under the Ministry of Questions?" Arguments: I did take a
while to assign these Consultations; I don't know whether or not I did
them all within a Jiffy (precedent is that rdays stop during
Emergencies). I also haven't finished my Public Display, nor updated
it in a while, though I have received a compliment on it, if that
counts for anything. I assign this Consultation the number 186.

The eligible priests are BobTHJ, teucer, 0x44, JamesB, Murphy, and
Billy Pilgrim. My six-sided die says 3, so I assign Consultation 186
to 0x44.

Standing players: BobTHJ, teucer, JamesB, Murphy, Billy Pilgrim.
Sitting players: w1n5t0n, Tyler, 0x44.

I submit the following Consultation, because ehird asked me to: "Did j
violate the rules by turning the clock on?" I assign this Consultation
the number 187.

The eligible priests are BobTHJ, teucer, JamesB, Murphy, and Billy
Pilgrim. My five-sided die says 2, so I assign Consultation 187 to
teucer.

Standing players: BobTHJ, JamesB, Murphy, Billy Pilgrim. Sitting
players: w1n5t0n, Tyler, 0x44.

Next, I'll reassign any Consultations whose priests are late, and all.

--The Waracle