Craig Daniel on Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:04:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] MoQ Report - Consultations 155-160 Priest Assignments

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Jamie Dallaire
>> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>> I assign Consultation 160 to Priest teucer.
>
> I answer YES.
>
> Reasoning: For the good of the game this one needs to be answered YES
> by whatever tortured logic we can find to do so Consistently, and I
> hope the following is good enough.
>
> The MoM is obligated to turn the Clock on only if there are no
> unfulfilled Ministerial obligations at the instant when they do so.
> The obligation to turn the Clock on comes into being (allowing it to
> happen) and is fulfilled at the exact same instant.
>
> Before the Clock gets turned on, the question of whether it must (and
> thus may) be turned on is answerable only as a paradox - if there is
> such an obligation, it is unfulfilled, and so the obligation doesn't
> exist, meaning no obligations are unfulfilled. But once the MoM
> decides to assume that they may turn on the Clock, then at the same
> instant the Clock becomes on, the paradox ceases to exist and turning
> it on comes to be mandatory - making it fortunate for the metamin that
> they have just fulfilled that obligation.
>
>  - teucer

I submit the above to the Public Forum.

I also submit the following Consultation:
{Question: Ten seconds before the Clock most recently became On, was
the MoM allowed to turn it on?}