Geoffrey Spear on Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:16:43 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Proposal: refactoring activity

I submit the following Proposal entitled "Refactoring Activity":
{{
In Rule 4E28, replace the text:
{{{
At the beginning of each nweek, the players that voted in the previous
nweek gain the "Active" property, the players that failed to vote in
the previous nweek lose the "Active" property.
}}}

with
{{{
At the beginning of each nweek, the players that voted in the previous
nweek gain the "Vested" property, the players that failed to vote in
the previous nweek lose the "Vested" property.

When any Player performs a Game Action /*including registering as a
Player */, he gains the Active property.  Any Player can, as a Game
Action, remove the Active property of another Player who has not
performed a Game Action in the current or previous nweek.
}}}

and add at the end of the first paragraph:
{{{
The group of players that currently possess the Vested property are
the Vested Players.
}}}

In Rule 4E30, replace "Active" with "Vested".

Retitle Rule 4E47 "Leaving Ministries" and add at the end of the rule:
{{{
A Minister who loses the Active property immediately vacates any
Ministries he holds upon doing so.
}}}

}}

This would separate Activity from voting, but still make the quorum
dependent on how many players actually voted in the last nweek to
prevent the quorum too high problem from arising again.

I'd recommend excluding the Horde from future field matches to avoid
having fields and/or teams cluttered with players who aren't going to
do anything on the field. I'm not going to even try to propose a
modification to B Chess right now, and the actual field match rules
don't mention participants at all.

--Wooble