Roger Hicks on Mon, 3 Dec 2007 08:12:11 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Consultation

On Dec 2, 2007 11:15 AM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Therefore, I claim that the only reasonable choice is the first
> extreme: we should assume that any game action not explicitly
> permitted by the rules is forbidden, without needing any rule to tell
> us this.

Or we could just use a little common sense. As reasonable thinking
people, I suspect it would be easy for us to determine what should be
regulated and what shouldn't be. Consider it an unwritten
meta-guideline, but it only makes sense for the players of the game to
act within the spirit of the rules on issues like this. There's plenty
of other ways to run scams without having to resort to "I create 5000
points for myself because I don't think it is regulated". We could
squabble over this point for days (actually, I think we have), but in
the end we all have to agree not to try and exploit this over and over
again, otherwise I doubt we will have a very enjoyable time.

BobTHJ