Daniel Lepage on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:31:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] Consultation 45 Answer; Blueprint

I claim the answer to Consultation 45 to be INCONSISTENT.

Monopoly mode was a needless rule because it's built into the very
notion of a game. The rules of Monopoly don't forbid you from stealing
money from the bank, or from moving your piece when nobody's looking,
or even from murdering the other players and proclaiming yourself the
winner be default. But when you do things outside the rules, you're
not playing the game anymore. I submit that the gamestate itself
doesn't change, in this case - you've only changed the representation.

In the case of our game, this means you can proclaim blueprints all
you want, but since the game doesn't specifically permit you to create
blueprints, no blueprint is actually created.

But just in case, I evict Wooble from the game and destroy the
blueprint for the Staff of Winning, because nothing says I can't.

Of course, if Wooble declared his own ruling INCONSISTENT, then I
suppose he'd still be in the game :-D

--
Wonko