Daniel Lepage on Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:52:30 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-b] [auto] JessicaCooper submits p183

I Object to the tweak labeled p183.

Reasons follow:

In rule 1-5/1, insert at the end of the last paragraph:
{{
This number is initially zero (0) and is incremented whenever the document is revised.
}}  [[just making this explicit]]

It's already explicit, in the second sentence.

In rule 1-6/0, add the text:
{{
and the full text of it, or a link to the full text,
}}
after the words “a full description of the Document”.

I think "a full description" implies the content as well, and I don't like having to look up what people submit.

In 3-17/1, remove all commas from the second sentence. Change the words “than it would have otherwise” in the final paragraph to:
{{
than it actually did,
}}

Very bad idea. Game precedent dictates that this makes the number of against votes undefined. One Dimship Crisis is enough.

The problem is that we treat it "as though it were one less" than it actually is. But that means we treat it that way for every intent and purpose, including for the purpose of determining how many "it actually got". This in effect sets the number of against votes to be some number X such that X = X-1, making it an undefined quantity in accordance with Rob's ruling.

and add the text
{{
unless it received no against votes
}}

In rule 9-8/8, expunge the second bullet. [[wages for forts]]

No problem with those, although the first becomes unneeded as soon as Peter's new voting scheme is implemented.

--
Wonko

"AALST (n.) One who changes his name to be further to the front"
  -- Douglas Adams, _The Meaning of Liff_