Daniel Lepage on Sun, 29 May 2005 14:35:24 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-b] Fwd: Open CFI's

On May 29, 2005, at 5.49 AM, Rainbow Wolfe wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rainbow Wolfe <rainbowdreamwolf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 23, 2005 8:54 PM
Subject: Open CFI's
To: "BNomic [business]" <spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx>

Raelus vs. Eugene, Nweek 88

*Plaintiff:* Raelus

*Statement:* Proposal 84 does not exist. Any gamestate changes in it cannot
be made.

*Analysis by Plaintiff:* The rules state that players can only have 5
pending/open proposals at any one time. Eugene's Talisman is still a ball of
energy, so it has no effect on this. Since 84 is the sixth proposal,
creating it was an illegal game action.

REFUSED. Trivially true, long since fixed, and I dislike using CFIs for that sort of thing. If it's a question about ruleset interpretation, CFI it; if you just want to point out an error Eugene or I made, then you can just tell me.

*Plaintiff:* EugeneMeidinger<http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ EugeneMeidinger>

*Defendant:* Peter

*Statement:* Peter's proprosal doesn't actually propose anything, is full of nonsense, makes no reference to the game and plagerized. Therefore p74 is
invalid.

*Analysis by Plaintiff:* The rules say that each Proposal consists of a list of Gamestate Changes, that is, changes to the state and/or existence of some number of Game Objects. P74 contains one line in the interrogative form and the rest are declarative. A proposal needs statments in the imperative form in order to command any changes to the gamestate. Now even though one is allowed to use a declarative to demonstrate the existence of a game object this proposal does not even do that. This proposal does not reference any existing game objects nor does it declare the existence of new ones. Instead
is it full of lines about eternal summer and rough winds and other such
rubbish. I therefore find this proposal not meeting its requirements of a
proposal and has nothing to do with the game.

AGAINST. A proposal is a list of changes to the gamestate, but nothing prohibits an empty list. Plagarism, nonsense, and a lack of references to game objects are also not grounds for disqualification.

--
Wonko

"Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do."
  -- Donald Knuth