Daniel Lepage on Tue, 10 May 2005 00:53:54 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Party on!

Political partying seems to be "hip" right now, so I'll jump on the bandwagon and create my own "hip" party.

It's called the Historical Inexactitude Party, and boy is it HIP. The platform is:
{{
The Historical Inexactitude Party believes in clever reincarnations of old themes and ideas. We seek to give the game a sense of continuity by preserving aspects of the past in new and interesting ways. We are in general opposed to proposals that simply recreate old objects and subgames, on the grounds that exact replication of the past is boring. But we strongly encourage props that somehow tie in to older aspects of the game, especially prose form props ("story props").

To further our goals, we also support the archiving of B Nomic's history, so that newer proposals may draw on the stories and descriptions of earlier forms of the world.

On matters that do not concern history we address things on a case-by-case basis, but in general we support proper spelling and grammar, well organized rulesets, small numbers of subgames, and deterministic systems. We are against frivolous rule changes, large numbers of small optional subgames, and subgames that require no skill. We like the word "proosal" and dislike Brooks.
}}

For reference, our internal rules:
{{
Wonko is initially the Chairman of this Party, but a new Chairman may be elected by a majority vote of all Empowered members at any time. All members are initially Empowered.

The Chairman shall decide the party platform.

All members are encourage to adhere to the party platform; if a member goes against the party platform on more than half of the proposals voted on during any given nweek, e ceases to be Empowered. If such a player adheres exactly to the party platform during a given nweek, e becomes Empowered again. Neither of these changes happen unless an Empowered member points them out.

Members are encouraged to cooperate and pool resources to help further the party goals.
}}

Be hip, y'all.

--
Wonko

"How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?"
	-Charles De Gaulle