Zarpint on Tue, 11 May 2004 15:11:29 -0500 (CDT)

[Spoon-business] Re: [spoon-discuss] nomination period ends soon

I suggest more of an enorangement. Apples are much too hard for this
purpose, and this has the advantage that it sounds like 'engorgement'.

I nominate Aquarion for all Ministries e has not yet been nominated for.
Aq, Feel Free to second yourself, comment on the ancestry or text-editor
choice of anyone else here, etc.

Godel

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Aquarion wrote:

> Zarpint wrote:
>
> >So Nomination ends tomorrow, and there is very little interest in being a
> >Minister. Dave has announced that he can't continue to be the Tortoise
> >with B Nomic on its Back much longer, and someone needs to do it, preferably
> >some(>1). Is there any way to make Ministries more palatable (to use
> >Glotmorf's term) for everyone who has not yet shown interest?
> >
> I was going to begin the traditional campaigning for office - mostly by
> rubbishing the positions and personal life of the opposition As Is
> Traditional in elections - when every other bugger was nominated for the
> same thing and I lost touch with the world for a couple of days.
>
> Ministers apparently get ~50 a week, though that's Dependant on Admin
> Action, which may mean that post deDaveification of the admin world
> ministers would be paying themselves, which is a somewhat dangerous
> precedent, we should probably put together some kind of emapplement[1]
> ruling to protect against that.
>
> As for further benefits, if the alternative is no nomic at all, it's
> probably a benefit in itself.
>
> [1] Like impeachment, only harder.
>
> --
> Aquarion.
> Walk bigly, and carry a soft stick.

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd