Orc In A Spacesuit on 5 May 2003 14:56:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Grid Recognitions

Technically, I don't think I have to publicly say that I've updated the Grid, and certainly don't have to go into any detail, but here's what I've done:

First, Wonko attempts to Force Pull the Pengunized Baron.

You can't Force Pull something out of a player's possession. I wondered if such applied to things in a Speeder. Here's some rules quotes:

815.B.4
Force Pulling is a Force Ability. It costs 6 Force, and must be targeted at a carryable object that is within 3 squares of the Pulling player's location and is not in the possession of another object.

1075.B.1
If a Speeder has a Storage Bin, the owner of the speeder, if e is in the Speeder, may put Carryable Objects which e possesses in the Bin, or pick up Carryable Objects that are in the Bin. Objects in a speeders Storage Bin move with the Speeder, and are considered to be in the same Location as it, and are considered to be carried for rules regarding manipulation of objects.

The Baron of Penguindom is only in eir speeder; not in its storage bin. Does that count as being in the Airspeeder's possession?

Personally, I'd think it amusing if Wonko Pulled the little penguin, but only succeded in sticking em against the windshield. However, I'm going to be conservative with my interpertation, ans say that it Wonko did succeed in pulling Baronpenguinmon until it's CFI'd otherwise, and I'm updating the Grid to reflect that.

I would love for the current CFI about whether or not Baron von Penguin can Lift himself around to be settled before e attempts such an action.

On an unrelated note, bd enters the Grid, boards his speeder and skedaddles east. No CFI muckymuck here.

Finally, no one's said a word on my latest attempt to get out the Siren's ZATR. I'd like to think that it's because everyone believes it to be perfectly legal, but I'd be deluding myself, as I'm sure some of you think otherwise, especially considering some of the statements regarding Penguindom and free will. For those wanting to look at the message, see http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200305/msg00005.html .

Orc in a Spacesuit
This sig has been ROT26 encrypted. Reading it is unlawful under the terms of the DMCA.