David E. Smith on 6 Dec 2002 06:13:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Thursday evening)

Random stuff:

Yeah, I forgot about Nomvivor, because once again, nobody voted. Lemme
generate some random votes ...

404notfound was voted Off the Island last nweek.
Only three people are left on the Island (Athena, bd, and Orc).

Added all the Party stuff (all players +10 Style, +1 Champagne)
Iain is penalized (yet again) for holding onto the Pink Scarf (-5 Style).

Glotmorf transmogrifies Raw Materials into Resources. (I still preferred
the old-style Raw Materials, but then again, I'm a big fan of anything
that reduces the quantity of numbers with which I am forced to deal.)

GRID STUFF:

Rob moves to (8,2) (Shiny box).

Orc moves to (17,5).
Orc drinks Champagne, and buys more Champagne.
Orc can't get the Alien Gnome, as it's on another square.
(I just noticed that Champagne doesn't actually increase your BAC. Weird.)
Orc buys a Style Attribute. (I'm counting '#24601' as one word. Lucky you.)
Orc Flies Elbonian toward (12,16), landing at (11,17) (Shiny box).

Glotmorf moves around on the Grid, in a Speeder. (I'm not sure where the
20 points e spent on that speeder actually GO, since there's no longer
such a thing as The Gnome Account.) (Acquisitions: Towel, Beer Can)

Capsaicin enters the Grid (Shiny box), and goes airborne (landing at 4,18).

Wonko buys a Speeder, speeds around a bit (acquisitions: Towel, 2 Shiny
Boxes), abandons said speeder, and goes airborne (landing at 10,20).

BvS's Grid actions fail miserably, as e doesn't have a Speeder (they only
"appear" at Service Malls), and eir first move lands em on a Wormhole,
flinging em across the Grid (e lands at 1,10). E can't even get a Beer, as
for some strange reason Beer can only be purchased in Limbo, even though
the Grid itself is full of hard liquor.

bd flings emself near a Service Mall (e lands two squares away, and can't
make it all the way to the Mall, where eir speeder doesn't await, as e
can't afford one).

PROPS:

"Races" is 1249/1, /2, /3.
"Speeder Upgrade Fixes" is 1254/0.
"Repeal Slowly and See" is 1255/0, /1, /2.
"...Or Would You Rather Be A Cogno-Intellectual?" is 1256/0.
"Reminders: Nomvivor" is 1257/0.
"Step The Hell Down Already" is 1258/0, /1. (There is no legal way to
rescind a prop, sorry, Rob. If it means that much to you, turn this
proposal into a "how to rescind proposals" proposal.)
"Executive Aids" is 1259/0.

MISCELLANEOUS NON-STUFF:

The fact that Squire voted (via proxy) doesn't actually change the fact
that e was On Leave. (Hell, depending on how you want to read the rules,
since e was on leave, e probably shouldn't have been able to remote-vote.)

"Glotmorf Rules" is 1219/5.
"The Overlord" is 1229/3.