David E. Smith on 9 May 2002 16:47:37 -0000

spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Thursday morning)

Ladies, gents, and drones, I think this message alone will be proof enough
that we NEED a couple of those Ministries fairly soon. It's about 50%
corrections...

649/0 was indeed a Charter Proposal, and the rules do in fact seem to
permit such a thing to exist now. Glotmorf is refunded the 2 points e lost
for the "failure" thereof; the Charter of M-Tek is 664.

Glotmorf's *bzzz* CFJ is 665, assigned (randomly :) to rachel.

Glotmorf adjusts the heading on eir DimShip.

Iain shouldn't have been placed on Forced Leave; e is thusly removed.

Bean goes on (voluntary) Leave.

Re: 642: That was, apparently, a bug in the vote-counting software (I
thought I'd covered all the odd corner cases, but I missed at least one).
Thus:

642/1 passes (2-0-4-1).
Created 126/6.
Created 127/3. [[ This has the unintended, but arguably beneficial,
side-effect of unrolling my "random" revision. ]]
Created 128/6 (rectified: "germane". This has been bugging me for six
months.)
Wild Card is refunded the 2 points for "failure."
Wild Card scores 11 points (divided 5/3/3 between WC, Scoff!, and Bean,
per proposal text).

Naath returns from Leave. Eir Grid move is illegal (too far, and not on a
Football team).

Wild Card can't move to (2,17) as e is already there. :)

The Reality Police gives the Sushi to Glotmorf. (mmm. sushi. Remember to
dilute the wasabi with the soy sauce or else it'll burn something fierce.)

The Reality Police Judges CFI660. (I'll probably be calling them CFJs for
a while, as that particular string is hard-coded into the database in a
number of awkward places.)

Wild Card's "655" CFI-of-the-Beast is 666, assigned to Naath (rectified:
the original message was from The Reality Police, not Baron von Skippy).

Just in case, I'm using the text as the Judgment on CFI 655, per
instructions.

Wonko pings The Voice with eir Pinball Gun.

Wonko: I carefully searched both my archives of the business list and my
personal mail spool; if you voted, your votes got lost on the way.
(Rectified: Aha! You sent your votes from an unfamiliar email address. I
just saw "Daniel" and mistakenly listed your votes under "Dan" who is on
leave anyway. All the votes that say "Dan" in nweek 14's results are
actually Wonko's votes. Thanks for messing with my head, man...)

Wonko gives the Scarf to Glotmorf, who scores 11 Style points (and the
Unholy Trifecta of the Scarf, Token, and Sushi).

"Finding the right Shelf" is 667/0.

645/0 is corrected to "Passed." Glotmorf gives back the points e gained
from the veto, but scores exactly the same number of points for the
measure's passage. Convenient, ain't it?
Created 3/6.

"Consent of Ministers" is 668/0. (the wha'? I'm assuming the Chiltern
Hundreds is some Britishism of which I'm wholly unaware.)

The Voice moves to (20,8). I think this time the Touchdown really is
legal. Whee! All members of eir team score 20 points; the Football is
reset at (11,10).

"Adminball" is 669/0. (heh.)

Wonko Runs, then Flies Elbonian, landing at (12,13), at a cost of XXX
points.

"Consent of Ministers" is 670/0. (Why Wild Card is making two identical
proposals is somewhat beyond me... it's been seen on -business twice, and
the second appearance wasn't listed as a revision, so I'm obliged to treat
it as a second proposal.)

"Process" is 671/0.

"A Fix for Glotmorf" is 672/0.

"The rule of simple" is 673/0.

"Minister of the Survey of Ordinance" is 674/0 (and its author may wish to
consider revising it so that this Minister isn't aware of the location of
Scary Things and Shiny Things, or make some provision that prevents said
Minister from gaining benefit from eir insider information).

So... what'd I miss this time?

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/    http://metadave.net/