David E. Smith on 29 Dec 2001 05:16:25 -0000

spoon-business: Economics Recognitions

Oh, dear $DEITY.

> {TITLE: Currency}
188/0.

> {TITLE: Proposal Awards}
189/0.

> {TITLE: Sharing the Wealth}
190/0.

> {TITLE: Victory By Monopoly}
191/0.

And some offhand comments:

> * Under my first proposal, there is a finite amount of currency in
> circulation. The rule would leave open the possibility of new rules to
> create ways of adding more currency to the economy. Beware of inflation,
> though!

In "A Nomic," that led to a whole bunch of awkward proposals trying to
keep the bank solvent. I'm sure a couple of us remember some of the
bizarre economic gymnastics... :)

> I think these are good rules because they provide the foundation for
> opening the game up in new and interesting ways by encouraging the
> generation of more legislation related to this Nomic currencies.

Not to mention it means we can participate in TipJar and Internomic, if
either of those are still viable. :)

...dave