Rob Speer on 20 Dec 2001 20:59:44 -0000

Re: spoon-business: Calls for Judgement

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 10:51:32AM +0000, David E. Smith wrote:
> > \begin{CFJ}
> > The score of the player named uniquely identifying names is 577.
> > \end{CFJ}
>
> 133/0, assigned to Rob.

I'll have to judge this TRUE, unfortunately.

Analysis:

If uin had only "set his score" (as I did) the score would be overridden
as soon as score was defined to be the number of points. If he had
"transferred points" it would be regulated by the rules and thus
illegal.

But he did neither. He simply _created_ the points, which was not
regulated by the rules at all.

---

Looking at some proposals uin has just submitted, I have to bring back
this A Nomic proposal:

<proposal title="No kickbacks">

1. Create the following rule delimited by tags:
<rule>

When a proposal goes into effect, if its actions include making use of
the information of what people's votes were for that proposal, this
information is denied to the proposal, in the following way:

If the proposal tries to determine any player's vote was, it appears
temporarily (i.e. no change to the game state or the voting results is
made) that the player voted not YES nor NO, but MU.

If the proposal tries to determine which players cast affirmative votes
or which players cast negative votes, it appears that all the votes came
from an entity named "Bob the Voting Fish".

If a proposal passes in the same nweek as this rule and has already made
use of such voting information when it passes, and the information was
used to make changes to players' scores, then each player's score is
set to what it would have been if that proposal had not passed.
</rule>

2. Create an entity named "Bob the Voting Fish".
</proposal>
--
Rob Speer