Joel Uckelman on 5 Feb 2001 21:35:53 -0000

spoon-business: proposal

I've been working on categorizing the Rules (which means I'm reading
through them from beginning to end), and I noticed that R204, Name Changes,
refers to entities rather than Agents. The current text of the Rule is as
follows:

"An entity may initiate changing its name to another uniquely identifying
name by notifying the Administrator. The Administrator shall, in a timely
fashion, record the name-change on the Roster. Entities may change only
their own names."

For an entity to initiate a name change, it would have to take action,
which would make it an Agent, by definition. Also, only Players are on the
Roster, so it would make no sense to record there name changes by
non-Player entities. So, I offer the following Prop:

Amend R204 to read:

"An Agent may initiate changing eir name to another uniquely identifying
name by notifying the Administrator. The Administrator shall, in a timely
fashion, record the name-change in the appropriate way. Agents may change
only their own names."

--
J.