Joel Uckelman on Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:26:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [game-lang] Late to the party

Thus spake Dan Percival:

> Joel, I'm curious about what you mean by "presentation behavior," too. Do
> you have a particular example in mind?
>
> Dan

The kind of thing I have in mind here is something like showing the user
a button or menu item in a GUI, but in some sort of GUI-independent way.
I'm not certain the idea is coherent. Whenever I've tried to describe
why I want a rules language to people who are VASSAL game module
designers, I inevitably get questions about how they'll be alble to
specify behaviors and affordances of the GUI which aren't themselves
game moves. These things aren't germane for a rules language, but maybe
there's something to module designers' concerns here that I'm not fully
grasping yet.

--
J.