Richard Walter on Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:08:25 -0700 (MST)

Re: [game-lang] Introductions and request for Lit review

> I'm curious about you.. are you a researcher? Academic? If not, what do you
>do.. what's your story? :)

I guess I'm the runt of the litter, with only a BS in EE/CE, so I've got no
particular academic interests here.  :)  I'm currently a software engineer
working for Google.  However, my work there has nothing whatsoever to do with
games or formal logic.  (I'm in the platforms group doing low-level firmware.)
My managers have all known that I contribute to open source projects in my own
time and are ok with it.

I'm a game programming hobbyist.  I joined Jogre, an open-source game engine
project, several years ago and am now one of the admins for it.  My interest is
in being able to specify rules for a game in a standard way so that a tool can
be written to automatically generate a program to manage the game, making
implementing new games easier.  If AI comes along for the ride, then all the
better.

-Richard