Joel Uckelman on Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:19:00 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] what's our status ?

Thus spake "Mel Chin":
> I've played a couple games so far and here is my take on it:
>
> 1. AI is far too easy to beat. The difficultly levels only allows the PC to
> "cheat" by providing them extra $ and manpower during the econ phase.
> The AI does some really stupid tactical things that makes them either
> reckless to the point of suicide or passively sitting in their capital turn
> after turn with no actions.

Working in AI myself, I would not expect decent AI in a game like this,
at least not in a commercial product which has deadlines to meet. Good,
non-cheating AI is ridiculously hard to do for games where you have
literally hundreds of thousands of possible complete moves you could make
each month.

--
J.