J.J. Young on Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:32:24 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Prussian forage roll

Nate should correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that the Austrians did
besiege Wittenburg, but did not attempt to breach this turn.  At least, all
the Austrian corps that went there paid for supply, and Nate said that no
breach roll would be attempted at Wittenburg, which implied to me that a
siege was going on.

BTW all, to avoid this kind of confusion, I usually phrase my land orders
like so:

1 I:  Erfurt ---> besiege Wittenburg

to clarify that a siege is beginning or continuing, at least in cases where
there's no question of the city garrison fighting in the field rather than
defending the city.

-JJY