Kyle H on Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:19:36 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] Austrian land phase, April '06

     I disagree with Joel.  A depot garrison does not cause a corps to stop
moving.  If Nate had wanted to, he could have halted at Brussels to see
whether the garrison would burn its depot and then continue moving *even if
the depot was not burned*.  It's a bluff, kind of like lining up as if
you're going to run a play on 4th down, hoping that the defense will jump
offsides.  Apparently, Nate just didn't want to bother wasting time with the
bluff.  But in any case, my understanding of the rules is that a depot
garrison cannot force a corps to stop its movement and fight.
    Of course, if you can find rules that say differently, then it wouldn't
be the first time I am wrong.

kdh