CPS - Personal on 29 Nov 2003 05:15:17 -0000

[eia] J.J.'s perspective

I hope this two-day silence just means that everyone is busy and travelling for
Thanksgiving, and not that we aren't speaking to each other any more.  Here's
what I think has happened:

Kyle wanted to make a correction to his political orders, which was
misinterpreted by several of us to be taking a new political action after the
political phase was over.

When protests were made about this, they were misinterpreted as personal or
sarcastic attacks, which were not in fact intended.

My personal desire would be for this misunderstanding to blow over as soon as
possible; I hate to see friends mad at each other, and I'm not mad at anyone
(although I'm the first to admit that I've reacted angrily to emails before).
So I'll just keep on hoping that this can work itself out.

If nothing else, at least I'll find out if the EIA server is still
running...  :-)

-JJY