Everett E. Proctor on 26 Nov 2003 05:51:08 -0000

Re: [eia] access

>     Is it important that voluntary access declarations be made
> simultaneously?

No, I don't think it's important that it is done simultaneously.  But I
also don't think that it is important that combined movement and most of
what is in the political escrow be done simultaneously (Otherwise, why
do the rules go to great length to explain how DoW is to be done
simultaneously, but doesn't for the other parts of the politcal phase?
However, I've already lost that argument, so I won't waste the reader's
time with re-hashing it.)  However, we did agree to do it during the
Political phase, and as far as I am concerned that means during the
escrow.

>Or do we just need to know at the beginning of the turn,
> before anything else has happened which could affect troop deployments?  I
> was assuming the latter.  Since no moves had been taken (and since I had not
> yet taken either component of my reinforcement phase), I counted myself as
> still being in the Political Phase (or at least being between the Political
> Phase and the Reinforcement Phase).

I didn't think we were playing that way.  I did not know that I could
take my Naval Phase after Turkey's or Russia's land phase, just as long
as I did it before *My* land phase.  That changes things.

>     If we as a group deem that it is important for these announcements to be
> made simultaneously, during which step of the Political Phase should these
> announcements take place?

Well, since in practice we have 2 steps of the Political Phase, the DoW
escrow and the Politcal Phase escrow, I think it should go in the
Politcal Phase escrow.

-Everett