J.J. Young on 26 Nov 2003 01:48:00 -0000

Re: [eia] access

>     Is it important that voluntary access declarations be made
> simultaneously?  Or do we just need to know at the beginning of the turn,
> before anything else has happened which could affect troop deployments?  I
> was assuming the latter.  Since no moves had been taken

But several of us had already taken our reinforcement phases, which could
very well have been affected by a change in access.

>     If we as a group deem that it is important for these announcements to
be
> made simultaneously, during which step of the Political Phase should these
> announcements take place?

If I remember correctly, it wasn't originally my idea to restrict when
access agreements could be changed (or maybe it was my idea; it doesn't
matter), but if we are going to have restrictions, I think access stuff
should be included in the political orders escrow.  Otherwise, you get
issues like having to wait for minor stuff like the control of Duchies
before sending your reinforcements, because you're not _really_ sure if it's
the political phase or the reinforcement phase.  This is a slowdown that I
think we could do without.

So I say, include access changes in the political orders escrow, making them
conditional if you like (such as..."if Turkey accepts an alliance with Great
Britain, they are granted access to...").

-JJY

-JJY