Michael Gorman on 13 Oct 2003 22:32:43 -0000

Re: [eia] allow me to muddy the waters even more

Huh?!?   Are we now talking about 2 different things?  I really do
believe that access according to 10.3  would allow you to state access
terms such that you can grant access but not allow combat.  Just say
somthing like "You may enter east galacia, but may not enter any territory with forces
you are currently at war with".

I guess you could, it would be foolish to accept such an agreement in most circumstances since you can easily end up watching your forces starve if they get cut off, but people do sign bad deals. It works since the limitation is not, you can't fight, it's that you can't move in a certain way.

I'm not aware of any proposal saying that you couldn't fight your way
out.
How do you propose to forbid combat without forbidding entry into a space occupied by an enemy force? Any proposal that limits combat inherently limits your ability to leave since it limits your ability to enter a space that is enemy occupied.

There is no way that can be a term in the limited access after war since it would allow another country to destroy your army in detail by blockading the border. If you were dumb enough to accept an access agreement that allowed that, I guess you got what you deserve, but there's no way that is an acceptable end of war access term.