Kyle H on 5 Oct 2003 13:37:16 -0000

[eia] limited access (again)

    Well, folks, the time might be ripe for another attempt at shoring up those limited access rules.  I think we made good progress the last time, but we just ran out of gas (in terms of our collective interest in the subject).
    So here's the current situation.  Under the (essentially unlimited) limited access rules found in the rules, the French corps with Ney E. of San Sabastian could (in principle) force march to Madrid and engage the British forces there.  All that the rules specify is that the corps must be out of Spain in 6 months.  As tempting as it may be for me to do what I can to eliminate the British cavalry, I realize that such a strike into the heart of Spain after peace was made would be in violation of the spirit of the house rule that we intended to implement (but never did).  Therefore, out of respect for our group's clear intentions, I will refrain from attacking the British at Madrid.
    However, I would like us to clarify the limited access rules once and for all.  Now that two wars have ended in the same turn (and another seems likely to end soon), this would seem to be a opportune moment to take up this issue once again.  I am currently reviewing the previous debate and will send out a summary (as well as a proposal) soon.

kdh