J.J. Young on 18 Aug 2003 21:21:10 -0000

Re: [eia] Spanish Land Phase, 4/07

>     In this case, I think that our previous interpretation of the rules
> should apply for the remainder of this turn.  So Spain keeps its fleets
> where they are and gets to supply the corps in Damietta via sea supply.
But
> even under our old interpretation of the rules, Naples would not have been
> eligible for sea supply this turn.  So the corps at Naples loses 2 (not
3 -
> thanks JJ) factors due to foraging losses.
>     However, we are all aware that next turn the sea supply rules will be
> enforced as written.  If Danny wishes to move his fleets, that will be his
> choice.
>
> kdh

I am uncomfortable with "letting things slide" with an incorrect rule for
the rest of a
turn.  This was not the case when we discovered the previous mistake about
Languedoc; as soon as we discovered the correct rule, it went into effect,
and Spain no longer collected the manpower.

If we want to stay within the confines of April, in a way that changes
nothing that has happened or could
have happened, then Danny could have moved the I fleet to Palermo this turn,
and build a depot there to provide sea supply.
Or else Danny could just have the 4 corps at Damietta each forage at 5-.

I feel a small change like this in April's orders would be less of a liberty
than letting an incorrect rule stand after we've found out about it.

-JJY