Kyle H on 18 Aug 2003 15:20:03 -0000

Re: [eia] Spanish Land Phase, 4/07

> I corps in Naples holds (f/4-)

    Danny,
    You are apparently not aware of how forage rolls work when you are
besieged.  You start with the number of spires, which is 4.  But then you
subtract 1 for every full group of 5 factors garrisoning the city.  Since
you told us that the city is fully garrisoned, that means there must be at
least 15 factors in the city (and not more than 16 due to Spanish corps size
limits).  Hence, your forage roll would be 4 (base value) - 3 (garrison
size) = 1.
    With this new information, you may wish to revise your land orders to
take advantage of sea supply.  ...  However, taking a look at the map, I'm
not sure you'd be eligible for sea supply this turn even if you did build a
depot at Naples.  (None of your ships are in ports that could be a supply
source.)  So, I think you're stuck with 3 foraging losses this turn.

kdh