Michael Gorman on 30 Jun 2003 22:21:01 -0000

Re: [eia] [escrow] August 1806 Political Orders, I

At 09:58 AM 6/30/2003 -0400, you wrote:
I also prefer the option 2 which Kyle has given, although according to the
rules, if Turkey calls for allies, Spain has the right to call for allies as
well, which might complicate things.

The one one restriction that could possibly affect the call(s) to allies is
that since Great Britain has forces on Spanish territory, it is restricted
from declaring war on Spain by rule 4.2.2.1.  Turkey can still call on Great
Britain as an ally, but it would only be for the purpose of forcing Britain
to break the alliance.

No other countries are restricted in this way, as far as I can see.

I don't care which way we do it. As far as I can see, people can talk to each other either before or after they are called so there will only be surprises if people either don't want to communicate with each other or decide to surprise each other.

Mike