Everett E. Proctor on 29 Apr 2003 07:14:00 -0000

Re: [eia] more 12.4

I also think that we should interpret victory condition B.7. such that a province adjacent to the victor's territory must be chosen, and if none
exist, only then a territory that contains a victors corp may be chosen.
This way, if it is a possibility to have a corp isolated this way, the
victor would know that before hand, and it would be part of the
consequence that he would have to consider and live with when choosing
that condition.

I would be in favor of something much simpler than what this is growing
into.  Something like:

-Garrison forces are repatriated immediately (much like the Honors of
War teleportation)

- No new Corp can enter the opponent's territories.

- Corps and other units (Cossack, freicorp, etc.) currently in the
opponent's territory must move each turn so that their closest point of
exit is closer than their closest point of exit was previously.

-Everett

> Personally, I would prefer having more limited access, especially such
> as not being able to introduce new corp into a country in order to
> retrieve garrison. Yes, some garrison may end up being eliminated. But
> you know this when you make the peace, and you should consider these
> considerations when you make the peace.
>
> I don't think that you will be able to come up with something that will
> guarantee that you can rescue all remaining garrisons, and to be able to avoid battles with people you are still at war with, without allowing
> enough loopholes that can be taken advantage of to allow undesirable
> results.
>
> -Everett

Everett E. Proctor <spiritmast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Play Sanctum: Online CCG