Everett E. Proctor on 29 Mar 2003 15:35:01 -0000

[eia] I still have a problem

I still have a problem with "blind" declaration of combined movement.

(Once again, I must emphasize that I'm fine with not having combined
movement this month, I'm arguing for future problems).

Take the following scenario:

Prussia and Austria agrees to combined movement in order to crush the
pillaging hordes of Russians in the south ;-P.    Austria, thinking it
is through, sends in its political orders declaring combined movement with Prussia.. Then, Prussia and Great Britain agree to combined
movement to liberate the suppressed people of St. Petersburg from their
tyrant overlord  ;-P. Great Britain, thinking it is through, sends in
its political orders declaring combined movement with Prussia.  And
Prussia sends in its political orders for combined movement with G.B.
and Austria.

By the way people seem to want to rule on this, in this example, nobody
would be able to have combined movement.    This seems really stupid to
me. In a face-to-face game, Britain and Austria would look at each
other, and say "sure, us too."    And I don't understand why we can't do that in our e-mail game.

--
Everett E. Proctor <spiritmast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Play Sanctum: Online CCG