Joel Uckelman on 29 Mar 2003 15:02:00 -0000

Re: [eia] NOT On to the Reinforcement Phase!

Thus spake "Everett E. Proctor":

> >     Could you please explain your reasoning for this recommendation?
>
> Easily, because:
>
> "I *wish* we were playing in the sort of gentlemanly game
> where a spirit of generosity prevailed and players allowed each other to go
> back and fix obvious mistakes.  But unfortunately that's not what this group
> seems to prefer.  "
>
> Also, more seriously,  if I keep on saying that X's orders won't affect
> what I do, so I'll send mine out in advance, and then at some future
> month I suddenly declare that I do need to wait for X's orders, I may be
> revealing more than I want to.
>
> -Everett

I had thought about that, but it occurred to me that no one would be able
to tell the difference between a) my delay because I want to see what
someone does, and b) my delay because I'm too busy to move right then.

--
J.