jjy on 28 Mar 2003 20:23:01 -0000

Re: [eia] [escrow] Political Phase, September 1805

> No, we don't allow them to add that in.

No need to be upset, Mike.  My only point was that I didn't know how to handle
the situation.

> I will reiterate that I would prefer to see Spain list the nations it
> combines with rather than use coalition as that name has no meaning in the
> game rules. As one of the parties not privy to the internal relations of
> the coalition, you guys could add someone in or kick someone out and I
> wouldn't be able to tell from just that term that its meaning had changed.

OK.

> Otherwise, since everyone involved is combined with Spain, all the land
> movements will occur at the Spanish place in the movement order.

Great Britain also declared combined movement with everyone concerned, and was
declared by everyone.  How does this change things ?

> As there
> is combined movement, we will go through the long chain of rules to 'make
> combined movement clear'.  The first one is that the combined powers must
> choose an order of movement or dice off if no consensus can be reached.  I
> would say that as there are two groups linked by Spain, Spain would get to
> choose which group it will move with, or roll randomly if undecided, and
> then the two groups would dice off to see who goes first since they aren't
> linked into a single combined movement group and therefore are not in
> consensus with each other.  Group one follows all the combined movement
> steps and resolves its battles and then group two follows the steps and
> resolves theirs.

Sounds good.  My only question is the one above.

-JJY