Danny Mount on 20 Mar 2003 18:49:01 -0000

RE: [eia] speed of the game

I agree with Kyle.  We should try to take a couple days tops, I think,
unless we are trying to find out answers to our questions from other
players, to respond with our turn.  I know that it can be time consuming if
you let it but in reality it can only take 30 min or so when submitting the
orders and looking at a strategy to do so.
-DEM

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-admin@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-admin@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Kyle
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 11:14 AM
To: eia@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eia] speed of the game

    Hi guys.  I'm a bit concerned about the speed with which the game has
been moving lately.  I think we're actually moving *slower* than one month
per turn at this point.  But here's the thing:  because we've been so
reluctant to approve the fixing of past mistakes, everyone has become
hyper-careful about sending anything out before they've checked it and
double-checked it.  So it's hard to fault anyone for taking extra time to be
careful...
    I guess the point is that I don't know what the solution to this problem
is.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I don't know about you, but I'd
like to finish this game before my (currently non-existent) kids are in
college!  :-)

kdh