Kyle H on 11 Mar 2003 13:40:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Re: reinforcement at Naples

    JJ,
    I agree with you that in general it is distasteful to go back in time to
fix things.  Generally, if you made a mistake, you should just accept that
fact and move on.  However, I think that going back to fix orders should be
permitted when both of the two following sets of circumstances apply:  a)
the rules about the situation in question have recently been changed,
reinterpreted, and/or clarified, and b) the change in question has a minimal
impact on the subsequent movements and decisions of other players.  Since
both of these conditions apply in this case, I'm hopeful that the rest of
you will be understanding and allow me to make the adjustment.  (Of course,
as we have decided in the past, the final decision lies with those who could
be adversely affected by the decision and/or those who are at war with the
player requesting the change.  Still, these are the guidelines under which
*I* would accept a request to fix one's orders as a reasonable one.)
    I appreciate JJ's willingness to allow this change (however
reluctantly).  I'm glad he understands that my request was *not* made in
reference to his recently published land orders.  In fact, if I am permitted
to make my adjustment, those orders will be completely null and void as far
as I'm concerned.  He will be free to make whatever changes he deems
necessary, whether they involve Italy or not.  (Needless to say, this
goodwill on JJ's part deserves reciprocation on my part.  Translation:  I
owe him one.)

But I shouldn't count my chickens before they are hatched.  If any other
player wishes to object to this adjustment, please let me know as soon as
possible.

Thanks,

kdh