J.J. Young on 10 Mar 2003 02:52:01 -0000

Re: [eia] War of 1812

Thanks for pointing this out, Mike.  I knew about this rule but completely forgot to apply it in the case of Spain.  Sorry, all.

-JJY
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 11:39 AM
Subject: [eia] War of 1812

I just noticed an optional rule we forgot to apply last economic phase.  As it's one of especial interest to the British, I figured it should be pointed out before anyone else has the option to make the situation worse.

[ 12.9 ] * AMERICAN TRADE OPTION: The War of 1812 between Great Britain and the United States was to some extent ?engineered" by Napoleon and his "continental system. " In this option, if peace condition B.6 is applied to stop as major power's American trade, this counts as a major power denied trade with America for the die roll required in 8.2.1.2.2.2.2 and the British must make the die roll during any Money and Manpower Collection Step in which any major powers are denied American trade by Britain and/or by the B.6 peace condition.

This seems to read that Spain having applied B.6 on the French risks causing an American war for the next several economic phases.

Mike