jjy on 24 Dec 2002 16:55:01 -0000

Re: [eia] St. Petersburg siege

> B) A power owning a corps can attempt a breach if it's besieging
> during the siege combat step of it's land phase. If powers combine,
> there's only 1 land phase and 1 breach attempt, if they don't, they
> each get their shot during each of their phases (even though that
> sucks, IMO). If either has success, everyone that is part of the
> siege fights, simply because they're there.

This is different from what we (or at least I) had decided.  I had thought that
although both non-combined besiegers would get separate attempts to breach,
if/when a breach is made the phasing besieger would only get to use his own
forces.  What Ragnar is saying seems to be that both besiegers get separate
rolls, and then all of the besieging forces, phasing and non-phasing, get to
participate in the battle.  Is this what we wnat to do ?  This throws the
advantage firmly to the besieging side in these situations.

-JJY