Michael Gorman on 21 Dec 2002 23:08:00 -0000

Re: [eia] question about multi-national sieges

        The clause that causes me to disagree with Kyle on this one is:

7.3.8.2 STEP TWO: The phasing major power (the first ally in the case of combined movement) moves all his forces normally and must declare an attack against all field forces (corps that have not moved into cities or cossacks, freikorps and/or depot garrisons in the last area entered) with which he is at war, in each area that also contains his field forces.

        This step refers only to field forces and a garrison does not have the option to be a field force in the absence of a depot.  This then makes it questionable if the next two steps should be applied to the case of a siege as they both reference the attack declaration of step 2.
        We could still use this set of rules.  It would result in some oddities and would probably make a mess out of supply as your forces would keep getting kicked out of a site and thus not be able to build depots in multinational forces unless they are under combined movement.  Other than the depot issue, I think we could make the rules for field forces work for sieges.

Mike