Joel Uckelman on 14 Dec 2002 23:04:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Spanish I fleet orders?

Thus spake "Kyle Haidet":

>    4.9 says that all allies using combined movement move with the ally that w
> ould move last in the phase.  But that rule doesn't say that France (or GB fo
> r that matter) has to give up its choice of when it would go in the land (nav
> al) phase.  That's the rule that I want to find.
>
> kdh

Now that I've done a search on the rules for the word "combined" and found
no restrictions on France deciding when in the Land Phase to move, I've
concluded that you've found one of the benefits of combined movement. It
appears to me that in the current situation, France gets to decide whether
France and Russia move before or after Britain, Turkey, and Spain by putting
France's land phase before or after Spain's.