jjy on 17 Nov 2002 02:07:02 -0000

Re: [eia] referendum on 2 House Rules adopted in a previous campaign

> I don't see any impediment in the rules to tracing supply anywhere you want
> to, enemy territory or not.  As long as you have a chain of depots and an
> unblocked path, you can trace supply regardless of whether you're in enemy
> territory, friendly territory, or neutral territory.  Nor do I see any
> impediment in the rules to putting down new depots.  If you've got corps in
> a particular area, you can put down a depot.  Period.

Actually, rule 10.3.1.2.2 cites not being able to build garrisons as an example
of a possible restriction on access.  You could agree or not that this could
apply in the case we're talking about, but I'm not just making it up.

In any case, I agree that the former house rule is not what we want to ease the
problem, and we should keep thinking of an alternative.  Hopefully the
situation won't come up before we think of one.

-JJY