Michael Gorman on 1 Aug 2002 17:33:03 -0000

Re: [eia] Question: all-or-nothing and supply

At 10:00 AM 8/1/2002 -0400, you wrote:
    Everett, you are right.  If the an enemy corps is already besieged, then
you do not need to stop movement and declare an attack.  You can continue
moving right on by, if you wish.  Or you can stop and join the siege.  Or
you can stop, and subsequently decide to lift the siege.

kdh

That last one is an important one to point out, I think. The fact that you need to supply a corps that stops in an area where you are involved in a siege so as to allow it to join the siege or all corps must lift the siege.

There is one last scenario where you can continue movement, but I expect it'll be a rare one. Once a corps is in a city, it remains there until its owner's turn when they can spend zero movement points to remove it from the city. This could lead to a situation where you enter an area with an enemy corps that has not yet left its city. In that case, you could also continue movement. I imagine this is most likely if you abandon a siege and then have another corps pass by that turn or if two nations are at war with a third and are not using combined movement to coordinate their actions.

Mike