Kyle H on 24 Jun 2002 01:03:03 -0000

Re: [eia] Turkish land phase, Jan 1805

    I agree with JJ and Mike.  On the official EIA map, under Forage Supply
it says "-1 if in own major power's territory," and the heading of the
section you are citing is "In Own Territory."  We have always taken these
references to the major power's own territory to refer to spaces within the
borders of the major power's home country (minus ceded provinces, of
course).  I think we should stick with that interpretation.

kdh

> Secondly, I take "major power's territory" in 7.4.1.2.5 to mean the same
as "territory a major power controls". Had I moved into Georgia, e.g, I
would no longer be in my territory, but I Palestine I believe I am. Note
that it doesn't say "home territory" or somesuch.