Joel Uckelman on 22 Jun 2002 21:10:04 -0000

Re: [eia] Turkish land phase, Jan 1805

Thus spake Michael Gorman:

> >1C at Jerusalem => Jaffa (F/auto)
> >2I at Jerusalem with Grand Vizier hold (F/auto)
> >Syrians at Acre hold (F/auto)
>          The two infantry at Jerusalem should forage at four.  3 base+3 for
> remaining movement-2 for two extra corps in the same area
>
> Mike

I get 3 (base) + 3 (movement) - 1 (1 other corps in the same area) + 1 (own territory) = 6.

7.4.1.2.1 says one is subtracted for "each other unbesieged corps", not each corps. Though there are two corps at Jerusalem, when considering each there is only one *other* corps at there. Otherwise, a lone corps would suffer a -1 for being in the same space as itself!

Secondly, I take "major power's territory" in 7.4.1.2.5 to mean the same as "territory a major power controls". Had I moved into Georgia, e.g, I would no longer be in my territory, but I Palestine I believe I am. Note that it doesn't say "home territory" or somesuch.

--
J.